In dangerous situations, emergency-stop switches can protect from serious injuries or even safe life. Schlegel emergency-stops convince customers in the whole world: Mechanical robustness, outstanding functionality and safety as well as the attractive design are good arguments for using our emergency-stop switches. Our switches are TÜV certified and available in different shapes, dimensions and suitable for our standard and AS-Interface contact blocks.
Emergency-stops with illuminated status indication active/inactive
In order to avoid the mixing up of active and inactive emergency-stops it was necessary until recently to lock away or cover the inactive emergency-stop to make it unrecognisable as soon as the relating operating panel or plant part was no longer connected to the overall system. Based on the new EN ISO 13850:2015 emergency-stops now can also indicate the actual operating status by a corresponding illumination. In order to increase the work safety and better recognisability of inactive emergency-stops Schlegel has developed emergency-stops which signal the active and inactive status according to this principle.
Self-monitoring Contact Blocks for Emergency Stops
The self-monitoring contact blocks developed by Schlegel work reliably even in case of negligent assembly or mechanical damage. The functional principle: In case of a negligent assembly or a mechanical damage (separation of contact block from the actuator) the self-monitoring emergency-stop contact block ensures the immediate automatic activation of the emergency-off signal. The installation is switched off and can only be restarted after successful trouble-shooting.
Safety@Work allows you to expand existing AS-Interface systems by emergency-stop switches and other safety-related components. Please ask our sales staff about the significant advantages – we will be glad to advise you!
That’s what our emergency-stop programme offers:
- all emergency-stop switches are TÜV certified
- panel cut-outs: Ø16.2 mm, Ø22.3 mm, Ø30,5 mm or 23 x 23 mm, 24 x 24 mm, 26 x 26 mm
- clearly visible switching position indicator
- twist release (in either direction) or pull release
- tightness from IP65 to IP69K, depending on the model
- emergency-stop contact blocks complying with EN60947-5-5 and EN13850
- contact blocks with positive opening acc. to IEC60947-5-1, one or two-channel versions are available
- even low currents (5mA at 24V or less) can be switched reliably
- standard contact blocks as well as AS-Interface (Safety@ Work) contact units are available